DIY Coffee Body Scrub
Rub-a-dub-dub, I like caffeine in my scrub!
I am a huge fan of everything DIY and an even bigger fan of upcycling. Combine the two and I am in urban-hippy heaven.
One of my favourite homemade concoctions is a body scrub made with used coffee grinds. Not only is this scrub a great way to reuse ingredients, incredibly simple to make, all-natural, and micro-bead free, but the caffeine in the coffee also helps to promote circulation (take that cellulite!), while the pigments in the coffee help give fair skin a summer glow. Can you say, win-win!
Coffee Body Scrub
- 1 cup medium ground, cooled, used coffee grinds (I used Ethical Bean, “Lush”)
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (helps to add extra moisture)
- Empty glass, air-tight jar (I used an old Nuts To You, nut butter jar)
- Allow coffee grinds to cool enough to touch.
- Drain excess moisture – a firm pat with a paper towel works great.
- Add coffee grinds, sugar, and oil to empty jar.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Apply in shower or bath and scrub on skin in cirrcular motions.
- Stores at room temperature 2-3 weeks.
- After using, dry off with dark towel to avoid any towel stains.
So get grindin’ and get your summer glow on with this easy-peasy DIY recipe for silky skin!