Turmeric Recovery Smoothie
This sunshiny smoothie packs a punch. It has all the goodies your body needs to maximize recovery after training, with the added anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric.
- Turmeric has strong anti-inflammatory properties and helps to repair cellular damage.
- MCT oil helps your body to regulate blood sugar levels and appetite, and boosts your metabolism, which is super important when training hard.
- Bananas are packed with potassium, vital for building muscle and breaking down carbs. Noshing on a banana post-workout will also help to replenish sapped electrolyte reserves.
- Mangoes are packed full of vitamin C and help to alkalize the body, which balances the acidifying nature of strenuous training.
- Hemp seeds are an easily digestible source of cell-repairing protein and immune-boosting vitamin E. They are also packed with essential fatty acids and low in sugar, which helps prevent spikes in insulin.
- ½ teaspoon organic turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon MCT oil
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 mango
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Water or unsweetened non-dairy milk of your choice
- OPTIONAL: 1 serving of Genuine Health Vegan Active Recovery
Blend all ingredients until silky smooth and enjoy!