Totally Tasty Vegan Tuna Salad
Whether you’re a veg-head like me, trying to make more sustainable food choices, or just feel like having fun with an old recipe, swap out the fish and give this tasty vegan remix on tuna salad recipe a shot!
I like to call it, tu-not:
- 1 x 14oz can of organic garbanzo beans (I like Eden Organics, they’re BPA free and delicious)
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 stalk organic celery, finely chopped
- Pinch of cayenne or chilli flakes
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 sprig (5-7 leaves) flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
OPTIONAL: Add a pinch of curry, dried currants, and toasted almonds for an extra zip of flavour and texture.
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans
- Mash beans to desired texture in a mixing bowl (I like to use a potato masher)
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well
And there you have it – load that tasty vegan tuna salad goodness up on a sandwich, wrap, or avocado.
What’s your favourite faux-meat recipe? Tell us below!