Mocha Chia Energizing Smoothie
Need a morning pick-me-up? Try this mocha, chia seed smoothie. It has iron-rich cacao, omega-3 goodness from black chia, fibre dense bananas, plant-based protein, and energizing organic coffee.
How’s that for a little morning whoop-ass!?
MOCHA CHIA ENERGIZING SMOOTHIE
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground coffee (I used Ethical Bean Sweet Espresso)
- 2 tablespoons organic cacao
- 1 tablespoon organic black chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 organic bananas, peeled and frozen
- Unsweetened, organic almond milk to cover (1-2 cups depending on preferred thickness)
- OPTIONAL: 1 serving of preferred protein powder
- Add all ingredients into blender.
- Add liquid in slowly as you go for desired consistency.
- Pour into a nice big glass, sprinkle with chia seeds and enjoy!
Switch up your morning routine, with this delicious smoothie – great for hot summer mornings, as an afternoon meal replacement, or snack on the go!