DIY Whipped Body Butter for Thirsty Skin
If you’re anything like me, your skin puts up with a lot. I scrape it, bruise it, burn it, cut it, and freeze it, on rotation, 365 days a year. I don’t plan on living out the rest of my years in a bubble, so I compromise by whipping up a batch of nourishing skin goodness. It’s simple, smells delicious, and your skin will thank you…trust me.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup cocoa butter
- 1 tablespoon vitamin E oil
- ½ cup almond oil
- 1 teaspoon essential oils (for winter, I like a warming mixture of orange, vanilla, and clove)
- Small, wide-mouth Mason jars
- Melt all ingredients together in a double boiler.
- Remove ingredients from heat.
- Allow mixture to cool, then whip by hand or with a stand mixer using whipping attachment. Whisk/whip until the mixture is rich and creamy.
Three-steps and WHOOPIE! You can slather this buttery concoction from head to toe for up to 6 months. It also makes a great DIY gift!
Tip: I like to use a piping bag to transfer the whipped butter into the Mason jars for easier transfer. Also, in warmer temperatures, cool the melted mixture in the fridge before mixing.